Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Ankle joint replacement



I have an old motorcyle injury (30 years)and limited ROM of the ankle and severe arthristis and at last x-ray about 3 years ago had about 1/2 inch of joint left. I`m waiting as long as possible before I go for an ankle joint replacment. Would it be adviseable to seek a physiatrists as well as a orhopedic surgeron?


Yes; the surgeon can help to perform/organize the surgery while the physiatrist can organize the rehabilitative aspects.

For more information:

Go to the Rehabilitation health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Stephen J Page, PhD Stephen J Page, PhD
Director of Research, Associate Professor
Drake Center
University of Cincinnati