Colon Cancer

Bright Red Rectal Bleeding

04/23/2007

Question:

I`m 27 years old and I just had my second c-section about 10 weeks ago. I`ve always been very heathly. Since the birth of my child, I`ve had kidney stones and about a week ago I`ve had bright red blood in my stool. I can actually see blood on my stool, there is some in the water, and when I wipe there is a lot on the paper. I called my doctor thinking I had a tear or a hemorrhiod since I just had a child. I get very nauses after I eat, I have discomfort on my left lower side (no real pain), I`m extermy tired (but sleep doesn`t happen when I work full-time during the day, taking care of a 4 year old and a baby). I contacted my doctor and they took some blood and a stool sample and ruled out a tear or hemorrhoids after an examination in the office. I`m waiting for the test results. I can`t sleep at all now (3 days). I`m so scared. I do have a history of cancer in the family. What are your suggestions to this blood in my stool?

Answer:

Would suggest seeing a specialist, either a gastroenterologist or colorectal surgeon, as you should be evaluated.

Go to the Colon Cancer health topic, where you can:

Gregory S Cooper, MD Gregory S Cooper, MD