Digestive Disorders

Green stools

I am having diarrhea and green stools when I use the restroom. I start out having abdominal pain and cramping, then I have very bad diarrhea and it is green. This all started after the birth of my child. Sometimes this will happen once a week sometimes twice a day. Sometimes the pain is bad that it makes me feel sick. I sometimes sweat and then get the chills. The last couple of times this has happened it has been once a week, and it happens in the middle of the night. Also, the last couple of times when I am having this severe cramping I have noticed it in my lower right side in my back. Is this something I need to worry about? This is so very uncomfortable, but it is also unpredictable, as sometimes my bowel movements are normal sometimes they are not? Thanks for any feedback.

Since these seem to be new symptoms for you that you have not had in the past, I would recommend further evaluation by your primary healthcare provider.

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

Julia Gore Thornton, MD Julia Gore Thornton, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine