Digestive Disorders

I am so much pain..

08/20/2007

Question:

This has been going on for about two weeks now. If its just gas, I would be so embarassed! After I eat ANYTHING I get so deathly sick to my stomach. I mean I want to pass out sometimes. I just plainly have to wait it out. About a hour goes by and I will release some gas and fill disoriented but some relief in my abdominal area. It normally, right in the center of abdominal area, under my ribs. That watery feeling in the throat that I am going to throw up, but never do. I start sweating and just feel like I am going to pass out. Then, sometimes afterwards, maybe a couple hours later, I will have some sharp pains in my back, no particular side that I have noticed. I guess I can always just quit eating?! And I am passing gas like crazy, but my Mother said she did as well when her Gall Bladder was acting up. Do I need to get checked out? I feel silly if just something that will pass eventually. But, affraid it might be something to it.

Thanks!

Answer:

Your symptoms could be related to gallbladder problems or pancreas problems. It may also be related to more serious problems, for this reason I would advise you to be seen and evaluated by a doctor.

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

Syed A Ahmad, MD Syed A Ahmad, MD
Associate Professor of Surgery