Muscle spasms in throat?

Once every few months I tend to get muscle spasms in my throat. It happens when I yawn or turn my head abruptly. One side of my throat will feel very tight, it hurts to swallow &my teeth on that side start to ache. Sometimes it will immediately loosen up, other times it can take up to an hour to go away. I`m not sure what is going on, but its very painful.

The symptoms you are describing do not appear to be a primary problem of an ENT physician.  They are more likely related to either a cervical spine issue where the alignment of the spine pinches nerves that supply sensory information to the neck or an impingement on a cranial nerve that causes referred pain to the the throat and jaw.  A full evaluation by an ENT physician and likely an MRI image of the head and neck would be warranted to elucidate the cause of your complaint.

Lee   Zimmer, MD Lee Zimmer, MD
Assistant Professor or Otolaryngology, Director of Endoscopic Cranial Base Center