Thyroid Diseases

Is My Thyroid Causing Fatigue and Dizziness?

08/22/2007

Question:

I have been exhausted for quite a while (about 3 months) and dizzy, with some facial tinlging and numbness. I suffer from migrianes and low thyroid. My MRI was unremarkable, and all blood work including TSH, is normal. Why do I feel so tired and dizzy? It is interfering with my life. I am afraid to drive, take a shower or even to stand next to a counter. I have literllay been swooning, and am afraid I will fall.

Answer:

Feeling fatigue and dizziness could have several causes. Unfortunately the information that you have provided would not help me to narrow down those causes. You mentioned that your TSH is normal but you have low thyroid, so if that mean that you have low function thyroid, which is treated adequately resulting in a normal TSH, then your thyroid abnormalities should not be the cause for your symptoms.

Go to the Thyroid Diseases health topic, where you can:

Marzieh  Salehi, MD Marzieh Salehi, MD
Assistant Professor of Endocrinology