Nerve twitching in breast

08/13/2007

Question:

I have been periodically experiencing nerve twitching in my right breast. It is different from the twitch you get in your eye or on your eyelid. This feels like something is crawling around. It feels like it is deep behind the nipple. I am wondering if this could be caused by a hormone change? Is this normal to happen occassionally? It has happened only a couple times but it lasts continously for a few days and makes it very hard to sleep or even just sit and relax. I get very nervous and stressed because it is very annoying. Have you heard of this problem before?

Answer:

There are several things that could be causing this. Hormonal changes can be one. I'd suggest that you get a professional breast examination from your provider so that you can have a determination if there is anything in your breast that needs to be treated. It's important to find out if you have any discharge from your nipple or any changes in the contour of your breast or skin.

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth R Barker, APRN, BC, FNP, FAANP, CHE, PhD Elizabeth R Barker, APRN, BC, FNP, FAANP, CHE, PhD