Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Allergies

Lime inhalation

08/23/2007

Question:

I was exposed to a large amount of lime dust and inhaled a large amount over a period of weeks.now I find myself highly sensitive to it and can smell it when no one else can and it instantly puts blisters in my mouth and I burn and itch. please tell me if there is anything I can take to stop this because I am running out of options and places to stay because my family is contaminated and they cant smell it but I can. and it makes me very ill.I need some help

Answer:

It was not clear whether your exposure was to limestone or residues from lime fruit. The latter could be tested by skin or blood tests. If you mean limestone, you probably need to consult with either an allergist or a pulmonologist.

For more information:

Go to the Allergies health topic, where you can:

Response by:

I Leonard Bernstein, MD I Leonard Bernstein, MD
Clinical Professor Emeritus
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati