NetWellness is a global, community service providing quality, unbiased health information from our partner university faculty. NetWellness is commercial-free and does not accept advertising.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Lower left stomach ache
I`m a 32 year old male and have been having dull aches in my lower left side of my stomach. It comes and goes and lasts for a good while. I`ve been having this problem for about 3 to 4 weeks. I have only just experienced the pain, no other symtoms really that I`ve noticed.
I would recommend you talk to your primary care health provider about the pain. Other questions I have for you - that they may also ask you are....
- Did you have any recent trauma or injury to your abdomen in the last month?
- Are you having any pain or problems urinating?
- Is there anything that you do that makes the pain better or makes the pain worse? (for example, if you change your position is the pain better/worse/unchanged?
- Also, if you have a bowel movement is the pain better/worse/not changed?)
- Have you tried anything (pain medications) If so, did it help?
Julia Gore Thornton, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University