COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)

What have I got?

11/15/2007

Question:

I was told in 1970 that i had asthma then told in 2002 that i had copd this was after a cat scan i was ok till june of this year and my breathing got a little oworse so doctor put me on seretite inhaler along with ventolin aftre using the seratite for three days i had a terrible bad throat and was told to stop using the seretite since then i have not been able to get rid of the sore throat. last week i got a chest infection with a terrible cough and when i cough hard along with the phelm i bring up there is a little blood doctor put me on antibiotics but i am concerned over the blood any advice or help please

Answer:

The small amount of blood may be related to the hard coughing combined with the infection. If that is the case, it will resolve on its own. If it persists, you should inform your doctor.  Please check the spelling of the inhaler you refer to as "seritite".  I am not sure what inhaler that is.

Go to the COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) health topic, where you can:

Mahasti   Rittinger, RRT Mahasti Rittinger, RRT
Clinical Program Manager of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care & Sleep

Phillip T Diaz, MD Phillip T Diaz, MD
Professor of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine