Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Injury Prevention and Safety

Got my head banged



3 days back I got my head banged when the guy sitting in the next cab closed the back door and it fell on my head (right side towards the top). It did not hurt that much at that time but afterwards i felt pain in my forhead and eyes. Now 3 days afterwards..when i work on my computer i feel the pain where i was hurt and on the exact opposite side. More than pain it feels like muscles tightening or something. Looking at screen for longer duration gives me pain. What should be my next step to see what damage was done and what should i do.


I am sorry to be unable to answer your question. It is outside my area of expertise and there is not an appropriate expert to whom I can refer your question.

Given your vision problems and head pain, it makes sense to see your primary care doctor first for an assessment of your vision, the site of injury and your neurological system. The doctor can then decide if imaging is needed or a referral to a neurologist.

I hope you feel better soon and do not have a serious head injury.

For more information:

Go to the Injury Prevention and Safety health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Mary M Gottesman, PhD, RN, CPNP, FAAN Mary M Gottesman, PhD, RN, CPNP, FAAN
Professor of Clinical Nursing
College of Nursing
The Ohio State University