Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Unable to climax

10/23/2007

Question:

Both 60 years old, youthful for our age, married for 10 years, sex has been often and great - with both reaching climax easily, until the last two years. He gets (and maintains) erections easily, but cannot always climax. He says that, in suppressing thoughts which stop him from ejaculating so he can maintain the erection for my pleasure, he finds sometimes he cannot come after extended intercourse - even though he still might have an erection. This happens perhaps once out of every five times. My question is: "If a man gets erections easily and can maintain an erection during intercourse, doesn`t this mean he should be able to ejaculate easily as well?" My fear is that he doesn`t find sex with me so pleasurable anymore, and is not being turned on in his mind, his thoughts being elsewhere. I have asked him this and he denies it.

Answer:

I would like to suggest that you seek out a sex therapist or counselor for starters.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology