Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

High platelets

12 years ago I started to get swollen under my armpit. I went to the doctor and he told me that it was just breast tissue moving under my armpit. Now I went to the doctor 9/2007 because under my other arm was getting bigger. She sent me for a breast exam specialist and he said "my Lymph nodes are enlarge". Before that she call me back 3 times because my platelets was high. And she pull my pass medical file from 2001 and they was high then. Now I have night sweats, my skin have these rashes that I stay itching, and at the age of 32 I find out that I have asthma and I lost some weight. Can this be Hodgkins Disease?

From what you describe, it is possible that this could be Hogdkins, but it is not possible to say much more without having more information about your case. I would encourage you to follow with your doctor and have lymph node biopsy done if the physician is concerned about Hodgkins Disease or a non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine