Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children)

Testicles Up



I have a 3 yr old boy. One testicle is up, one is down. What should I watch for and/or when should I correct this problem. What complications could occur and what to watch for?


It should be checked by a urologist; the one that is "up" may be retractile, i.e., descended (down), but moving up and down. That condition often corrects itself over time. However, if the one that is up is always out of the scrotum, he may need a surgical procedure to move it into the scrotum.

For more information:

Go to the Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP
Clinical Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University