Athletic Training

Shooting pain in the feet

10/29/2007

Question:

I AM DESPERATE FOR A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING WITH MY FEET. THEY ARE SORE, HOT AND VERY PAINFUL. I AM NOW GETTING SHOOTING PAIN IN EACH OF MY FEET. MEDICALLY THE DOCTORS DO NOT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO ASSIST ME. I HAVE SEEN A PODIATRIST WHO FITTED ME WITH 2 MOULDS AND NOW ADMITS THAT HE CANNOT HELP ME. I AM BATTLING TO WALK AS THE FEET SOLES ARE EXTREMELY TENDER.I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP.THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.KIND REGARDS, DAWN

Answer:

Thank you for your question, but it would be helpful to have some more information. Occasionally, foot pain can occur from a local level with symptoms occurring from within the foot. Occasionally, symptoms in the foot can have another derivation of symptoms. If you have tried local treatments without success, you may want to seek out additional consult from someone in neurology to ascertain if there could be another source for your symptoms.

Good luck in getting relief from your symptoms.

Go to the Athletic Training health topic, where you can:

Janine   Oman, MS, PT/ATC Janine Oman, MS, PT/ATC
Assistant Athletic Director
Instructor at the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences