Incontinence

Need help...

11/26/2007

Question:

Hello, I need some help. I always had problems with my bladder, as a child mostly at night, sometimes during the day. having severely punished for that, but that didn`t help of course. After the birth of my son the bedwetting (which never went away properly) got worse and I started getting urge incontinence, too. Now I have the third UTI in six months and this one has left me almost completely incontinent. The reason for the UTI seems to be staphylococcus. I want to know... please please can this be healed? It`s so shameful and horrible, I want it gone...

Answer:

It would be important to be evaluated by a Urologist to better characterize and treat your incontinence. Urinary tract infections can exacerbate incontinence and continence should improve after the infection is treated. Depending on the cause of the urinary incontinence, there are many treatments today.

Go to the Incontinence health topic, where you can:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology