Dental and Oral Health Center

Clear bubble on tongue

About 2 months ago, I was sucking on a sucker and realized my tongue was sore. I went and looked and there was a clear bubble underneath the tongue about right in the middle and 1 cm from the top It popped and left like a salivia feeling in my mouth. 3 days later, I got a really bad cold with a fever and then the bump came back and popped again. It didn`t bother me for about a month unitl again I noticed it a week ago because it filled up and popped.

After it pops, it leaves a white spot on my tongue. I'm 20 years old. I do not smoke nor drink, but I am so scared because when you goggle this online, oral cancer is the number one thing that comes out. It doesn`t bleed or hurt and it hasn't grown in size or anything. I am going to see an oral surgeon on Thursday because one thing I did find online was that it can be a blocked salvia gland. I'm just too scared to wait that long for an answer. If you could please email me back with any ideas that would be great!

It is certainly a good idea to see an expert in this field because it looks like a recurring problem. I strongly support your decision to see your oral surgeon and see what he/she thinks.

Go to the Dental and Oral Health Center health topic, where you can:

Enver  Ozer, MD Enver Ozer, MD
Clinical Associate Professor of Otolaryngology