Dental and Oral Health Center

Clear bubble on tongue

12/04/2007

Question:

About 2 months ago, I was sucking on a sucker and realized my tongue was sore. I went and looked and there was a clear bubble underneath the tongue about right in the middle and 1 cm from the top It popped and left like a salivia feeling in my mouth. 3 days later, I got a really bad cold with a fever and then the bump came back and popped again. It didn`t bother me for about a month unitl again I noticed it a week ago because it filled up and popped.

After it pops, it leaves a white spot on my tongue. I'm 20 years old. I do not smoke nor drink, but I am so scared because when you goggle this online, oral cancer is the number one thing that comes out. It doesn`t bleed or hurt and it hasn't grown in size or anything. I am going to see an oral surgeon on Thursday because one thing I did find online was that it can be a blocked salvia gland. I'm just too scared to wait that long for an answer. If you could please email me back with any ideas that would be great!

Answer:

It is certainly a good idea to see an expert in this field because it looks like a recurring problem. I strongly support your decision to see your oral surgeon and see what he/she thinks.

Go to the Dental and Oral Health Center health topic, where you can:

Enver  Ozer, MD Enver Ozer, MD
Clinical Associate Professor of Otolaryngology