Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Anxiety and Stress Disorders

Posttraumatic Stress Disorder



How can I help a man I'm in a relationship with who suffers with PTSD through sexual rape when a child and has only found out in the last three years about. He's 39 yrs old. Thank u for ur help.x


The most important things you can do are:

Some sources to learn more about PTSD is linked to this answer.  You can also encourage your friend to see a counselor/therapist regularly, as well as a physician.  If prescribed medication, he should take it as directed under the guidance of a physician, and never stop it without talking to his physician first.

Good Luck.

Related Resources:

National Center for PTSD

For more information:

Go to the Anxiety and Stress Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Nancy   Elder, MD Nancy Elder, MD
Associate Professor
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati