Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

High Blood Pressure

Head pressure



I have what feels like a bit of pressure in my head in the top area and behind my eyes. I had a carotid artery doppler and it said 0-15% blockage. I have hypertension that is controlled, but periodically will go uncontrolled for a few days then go back to normal. Recently, it went uncontrolled to a maximum of 150/84 for 2 days. Since then I have had the pressure in my head behind the eyes and face area as well as the top area. Should I have this evaluated and what doctor is appropriate? Could the BP spike cause this?


If your headache persists for over 2 to 3 weeks, you should see a physician.  The best choice would be an internist or a hypertension specialist.

For more information:

Go to the High Blood Pressure health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Max C Reif, MD Max C Reif, MD
Professor of Medicine
Director of Hypertension Section
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati