Pain Management

Right Side Pain

01/23/2008

Question:

I have been having for 3 months severe pain in my lower right side (like a menstrual cramp) but severe and now it goes down my right leg. I went to my gynecologist and she did a pelvic and the pain was unreal so she sent me to ER where they did a CT scan, MRI and blood & urine test and everything came back fine. She put me on Lortab for pain and this was Oct. The pain kept hurting and about 3 weeks ago it got worse where Lortab didn't even help and my husband took me back to ER where the CT scan showed nothing. Just 2 days ago I was walking and it started up again but worse and back to ER again since my family physician told me he didn't know what else to do. I am in severe pain and no help. What could you suggest??

Answer:

An MRI of the lumbar spine may be in order. Also, a consultation with a neurologist for an EMG may be helpful.

Go to the Pain Management health topic, where you can:

Salim M Hayek, MD, PhD Salim M Hayek, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine