Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Dizziness after major blood loss

01/24/2008

Question:

I was told by the ER doc I would need a blood transfusion after major blood loss from a miscarriage. My OB/Gyn came in that night and did a d&c and sent me home with iron pills. I have been feeing dizzy and faint, poundng in my ears with headache and Sob. I cant seem to walk very much because I get lightheaded and start to black out. I checked my BP and is about 95/55 I tod my OB but he said he will see me in 2 weeks. No one checked my blood levels again before I left the hospital and the er doctor seemed to be worried about the levels before I left for the d&c. Will the symptoms pass? I have no other instructions and feel real bad. any advice is helpfull. Thanks

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. Please note, NetWellness is not an emergency service.

You should call your doctor, tell them the symptoms, and see if you need a repeat blood count right away.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Eric H Kraut, MD Eric H Kraut, MD
Professor of Hematology