Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Ear surgery

02/04/2008

Question:

my niece had gone into the hospital because she had a bump behind the ear and they had kept her and said it was some "m" word and they kept her they did surgery and drained it and right after surgery they were gonna send her home the next day so they did a cat scan for the body and head and found a blood clot in her head and said she may have a stroke and they are gonna send gher to a bigger hospital can you give me some information on all that and is she gonna be ok can she die ?

Answer:

While I understand your concern for your niece, it is really not possible to answer questions regarding the specifics of an individual’s case without being able to review records and examine the patient. These questions should be asked of the physician who is treating your niece who will be in a better position to answer the questions.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine