Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Low platelet

04/02/2008

Question:

My niece was digonosed ITP in 4 year of her age, she was hospitalised and treated with delta coter and other medicine injected with immune globin,(I forgot the corret name of injection) for four year, Now she is 13 years old she has menses, her platelet count is very low, she is treated by delta coter, primolet N, Artrim and other medicin, my question is how can we handle her (menses )monthly natural bleeding with ITP, what are the option to treat her please give me detail

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about bleeding and clotting disorders but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment.

You appear to have some very specific questions about your niece, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with her medical history. You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion.

Take care.

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Eric H Kraut, MD Eric H Kraut, MD
Professor of Hematology