Cancer

Lymph Nodes picked up on Venous US > 3cm

04/10/2008

Question:

Male, 54 yoa, extensive PAD, recent venous ultrasound picked up evidence of 3cm lymph node on left side of groin and another 4 cm in size on the other size. Is this significant to warrant a biopsy or should I wait and see if they reduce in size over time? My physician doesn`t seem to have a strong opinion one way or the other and has not ordered any other tests at this time.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about health but cannot diagnose or recommend testing or treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

Go to the Cancer health topic, where you can:

Joanna M Brell, MD Joanna M Brell, MD
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Medicine