Dried blood in the mouth first thing

03/25/2008

Question:

I have read of someone else asking the same question but wondered if it was every diagnosed

I took wake each morning with pallette and tongue coated in dried blood. My two front teeth are also dark brown with dried blood as well. I sleep with my mouth open, I know and have a tendency to snore sometimes but I have no other symptoms and have had this for 3/12 now. Is it psosible reflux? or do you think I might require a gastroscope?

Answer:

Blood coming from the back of your nose, or from a lesion in your mouth would be more likely. Reflux may be a cause here. I would recommend that you see an otolaryngologist to get a good exam of your nose, mouth, pharynx and larynx. In this exam, they can evaluate for any lesions, possible bleeding areas, and they can see if there is laryngeal damage due to reflux. Thank you.

Siddarth M Khosla, MD Siddarth M Khosla, MD