Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Arthritis and Rheumatism

Is It Recommended to See Rheumatologist For Having a High ANA Titers?



My ANA titer has been elevated for some time. It started out at 1:320 and the past two times it has been checked (since May) it has been 1:1280 Homogenous pattern. There is an extended wait for the rheumatologist in my area and my family doctor started me on Sulindac, whichs helps with my joint pain. I have the butterfly rash, joint pain, occasional sores in my mouth and fatigue. She just did a connective tissue cascade, the ANA on that was weakly positive and the other part negative. Do I still need to see a rheumatologist?


I recommend that you still see a Rheumatologist.

For more information:

Go to the Arthritis and Rheumatism health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Raymond  Hong, MD, MBA, FACR Raymond Hong, MD, MBA, FACR
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Medicine
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University