Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Penis & Testical Problems

03/20/2008

Question:

I`ve been having problems down there for years now, and it seems to be getting worse. First, I am 42 years old and when I was in my twenties my penis used to be about 4 inches long when it`s soft and about 2.5 inches in diameter. About 10 years ago is started shrinking. Now it`s about 1.5 inches long when it`s soft and about 1 inch in diameter. I`m so embarrassed I stopped dating. Furthermore, my testicles have shrank to almost nothing and when I do ejaculate I have a lot of pain in my scrotum. I`ve went to the urologist for this and he gave me a sonogram, but no blood test. I don`t have any insurance and for that it seems like everyone keeps given me the run around. I don`t know anyone else that is having this problem, so I don`t think that it has anything to do with age. It also takes longer to get an erection and to keep it after having sex for awhile. But the size is what embarrasses me the most. This is extremely embarrassing, is there ANY advise that you could give me?

Answer:

Unfortunately, you will need to seek out an interested urologist and a psychologist to help you with this problem. You should be prepared to pay out of pocket to get the help you need.

American Urologic Association - Find a Urologist
National Directory of Impotence Specialists

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology