Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

He can`t come or maintain erection



I have been dating someone I have come to care a lot about. I have never had sex with a more caring person. But more and more he can`t come. Their usually isn`t a problem with his becoming erect. The problem is within minutes of pentration he loses the erection. I have tried to discuss this with him and he always dodges the issue...his back is hurting, etc. I would like to give him as much pleasure as he gives me. What should I do? How do I help him talk about this and get help?


Start with a check up with his primary care doctor. He may need a psychologist as well.  To find a health professional in your area, please see the links below.

Related Resources:

American Urologic Association - Find a Urologist
National Directory of Impotence Specialists

For more information:

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University