Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders

Tickle in ear



I have a feeling of something "crawling" in my ear. My doctor says my ear is fine. The sensation comes and goes. Any idea of what it might be?


That's a somewhat unusual symptom.

Perhaps the best way to start working that up would be to see an Otolaryngologist who can examine your ear with a microscope in the office and perform a hearing test. Based upon those findings, it could even continue on with some type of imaging study to try and identify the cause.

If your physician has examined you and cannot see something obvious in the ear canal, then this would be the most informative route to follow.

For more information:

Go to the Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Daniel   Choo, MD Daniel Choo, MD
Associate Professor and Director, Division of Otology/Neurotology
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati