Infertility

No period 10 weeks

04/28/2008

Question:

My wife and I decided to try for a baby. She was on the pill and came off over 6 months ago. Prior to the pill her periods were 5-6 weekly. Recently her last period was 10 weeks ago. The one before that was 8.5 weeks. The one before that was 6 weeks. We have done pregnancy tests which came up negative. She has been to her GMP who carried out some blood tests, which she said were normal and that she did not have polycystic ovaries. What do you think is causing this and is there anything we can do to improve the chances of getting pregnant? currently she is getting minimal spotting 10 weeks after her last period. she and I are quite concerned.

Answer:

This appears to be a continuation of a question that I recently answered.  If her periods are more than 5 weeks apart, she is probably not ovulating.   A simple fertility pill should be sufficient to correct this problem.  A semen analysis should be performed prior to starting treatment.

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD