Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Is pornography related to ED?

04/25/2008

Question:

My boyfriend is stimulated by porn on a regular basis and I`m positive he is also masterbating to his magazines, etc. He is 44 and I am 40. While I know he loves me, when we have sex, more often than not, there are issues with him being stimulated. I don`t look like one of these 20 year old porn models and I worry that this problem is really that he is not physically attracted to my appearance after viewing/masterbating to porn on a regular basis. This has caused me to be very insecure about my appearance and my ability to please him. It seems he is more stimulated with porn than with the real thing. Is it possible for him to have ED when he`s with me because I don`t "measure up" to what he is attracted to? Please help!

Answer:

This is a significant problem and it is more common than you think. It might be best to see a sex therapist, if your boyfriend is having a problem separating the internet from real life. Both you and your boyfriend should go to the therapist appointment, as you will need some support as well during this difficult time.

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology