Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Colorectal Diseases

Re: Off and on flank discomfort



For more than 3 months I have had slight discomfort/pain occur in my right hip area and my left hip area. Recently I had pain on my right side just up from the bladder. I had a colonscopy 2 years ago and 5 polyps were removed. The discomfort pain comes and goes but can be present for days. What type of doctor could best evaluate this. What could casuse this? I do take fish oil supplements and plant stenol supplements. Pain seems to come very soon after I take the supplements. Pain is very mild more a discomfort thant a pain problem.


Start with your primary care doctor, who can sort out the various symptoms and their relation to different organ systems. He or she will refer you to the appropriate specialist, if necessary.

For more information:

Go to the Colorectal Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Janice Frederick Rafferty, MD Janice Frederick Rafferty, MD
Professor of Surgery
Chief of Colorectal Surgery Division
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati