Incontinence

Recovery Period for TVTO Correction Surgery

05/05/2008

Question:

I had TVTO surgery 2 months ago and have had problems voiding ever since. I am currently draining my own bladder twice a day and usually drain as much as I voided on my own. My urologist suggested that he may have to go and adjust the tension on the mesh by inserting a dilator and pulling down on the tape itself. What is involved with this surgery? Will he go through the exact same incision in the vagina and through the thigh folds and how long is the recovery period after? Thanks for your time.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about health but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. In this case, I am not the urologist to ask.  These are questions that should be directed towards your treating physician.

Go to the Incontinence health topic, where you can:

R Bruce  Bracken, MD R Bruce Bracken, MD
Professor of Surgery