Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer

06/24/2008

Question:

On April 8, 2008 I had a mammogram. I was informed that there is no significant changes from the one I had a year ago and that their is no evidence of cancer. Nevertheless, I experience pain in my left breast, shoulder and there is a lump. The doctor ordered an ultrasound for April 29, 2008. Here is my problem: I cannot afford to make my co-pay and the last time I went for a test, they would not do it unless I made the full co-pay.

I still have a lump and horrible pain in my chest, shoulder and don`t know what to do about it or how to get help. So please if you can make a suggestion or know of any organizations that help with co-pays I would be very happy.

Answer:

The US Department of Health and Human Services Bureau of Primary Health Care has a directory that will help you find a clinic that will give you medical care, even if you have no medical insurance or money.  It was last updated in February 2008, so the information is current.  Simply use the pull-down menu to access services in your area.

Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need further explanation.

Bureau of Primary Health Care

Go to the Breast Cancer health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org