Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Myasthenia Gravis

Myasthenia on my right side eyelid



since one year now ive had mysthenia on my right eyelid. i have been referred to a neurologist for this problem, and waiting for the result of an CT Chest Scan. this was done at hospital to check for an anti-bodies. could this mysthenia problem be cured by surgery?


I am not sure which surgery you are referring to. If your symptoms consist of a mild drooping eyelid (stable for a year) and the CT scan of your chest shows that there is no thymoma, I would fear that the risk of thymectomy would be greater than potential benefits.

If your symptoms consist only of a drooping eyelid (and not double vision), you might consider eyelid correction surgery in the hands of an eye surgeon who specializes in this procedure.

Make sure that you talk things over with your neurologist. He/she knows the specifics of your case best. Hope this helps.

Best of luck.

For more information:

Go to the Myasthenia Gravis health topic, where you can:

Response by:

John G Quinlan, MD John G Quinlan, MD
Professor of Neurology
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati