Braces

Moving bottom front teeth only

05/13/2008

Question:

My bottom row of teeth is quite well aligned except for the front two teeth which are turned inwards. This is the only thing I am unsatisfied about my bottom row and I would like to have it fixed.

Is there a cheaper option besides the conventional braces or invisalign? It just does not seem cost-effective to get braces done on the whole row just to fix those two teeth.

Answer:

You could have them bonded to mask the real problem, but the bonding is not permanent, so you would be subject to breakage of the bonding. Whether this is cost effective in the long run is questionable. Also if you do go with standard appliances, remember that this also means long term retention (retainers) because lower incisors have a tendency to some return of their original rotations. This can be controlled, but a quick fix is not in your long term best interest.

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry