I have one blister on the roof of my mouth.

I have had a severe cough for about 3 weeks. I also have a runny nose, and sometimes a sore throat. I was told that this is due to allergy`s season. This morning I woke up to find only one blister like bump on the roof of my mouth close to the back of my throat. Now I don`t think that I have allergies; I`m not sure if it could be oral herpes. I thought that herpes causes several blisters and not just one. I have been tested about 6 months ago and I was negitive. I haven`t had sex sence then but I have kissed women after the test. could I get herpes like that, and would that cause the coughing and runny nose?

What you are describing would not be features of oral herpes infection. The most likely diagnosis for this "blister" would be a superficial mucocele. This lesion develops when one of the small tubes (ducts) carrying saliva from a minor salivary gland in the palate to the surface gets disrupted. This results in the saliva being spilled under the lining of the mouth, producing a single, painless, blister-like lesion. This is harmless and nothing to worry about. If you want confirmation of this diagnosis, you should see an oral pathologist.

Carl M Allen, DDS, MSD Carl M Allen, DDS, MSD
Professor Emeritus of Oral Pathology