Cancer

Better Understanding Of Blood Test Results

05/28/2008

Question:

Just got results of blood test done. Lymphocytes=25.5 low(range=35.0-52.0), Neutrophils=64.3 high (range=23.0-62.0), Platelet Count=451 high (range=140-415).

I need help. I have been going to my PCP and I complain of different things including pain and discomfort in my left armpit. I need to know what these results could mean and what "type" of doctor I should see who will solve the mystery? Online reading is very confusing and talks about many different causes. Are these results cause for concern? I am in Houston, Texas area and would like, if possible, the name of a doctor in the area who will figure this out. I know something is not right for many reasons, but it will take someone who wants to help me. I am very tired of getting the run-a-round and nothing being solved.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms and interpret your testing results.  These questions should be directed to the physician who ordered the tests and they would be the one to recommend a specialist. Feel free to write back if you still have general questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Cancer health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org