Anesthesia

Allergy to Anesthesia

06/23/2008

Question:

I had surgery last fall. I was told afterward by the nurses that I had an allergic response to the anesthesia that caused my heart rate to drop to 30 and my blood pressure to drop to something that they wouldn`t tell me. It took about 5-6 hours for them to get my blood pressure up to my normal level (which is on the low side). Is there the possibility of any long-lasting side effects? I haven`t felt quite right since the surgery, as I am often tired and have trouble remembering things. Thank you for your help.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Long term effects of anesthesia on the brain
Anesthesia and slight memory loss

Go to the Anesthesia health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org