Urinary Disorders

UTI with no bacteria?

05/30/2008

Question:

Hi. I consider myself to have a chronic UTI problem. I have tested urine myself with dipsticks and never found anything other than protein (on one occasion), never any leucocytes, nitrites etc. It has been sent off for testing twice with negative results. It seems to affect my urethra mostly, sometimes I awake feeling very swollen, but if I drink a lot of water it eases and then starts to burn (actually relieved by urinating, tends to be worse between times). Is it possible to have a UTI without presence of bacteria?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Can Kidney Infections Be Non-Bacterial
UTI symptoms without bacteria in urine

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org