Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Urinary Disorders

Pain in urination and puss cells



I am sufferring from Nov 2007. I have consulted Gynocologist. She priscribed antiboitic drug for two weeks and pus cells were controlled. But again I started feeling pain while urinating and discharge of pus cells. Ultrasound of abdomnal and lower prtion did not indicate any abnormality. Urine culture report was normal.  Then I consuted Physican. He prescribed antibiotic drugs for two weeks. The number of pus cells were reduced but cell still continued(#75). Doctor referred my case to Urologist. Urologist has not priscribed antibiotic drug and I am stills having pus cells and pain in urinating. I am diabetic, but my dibeties is under control. I am 60 years old woman. Please advise me about treatment.


I would suggest that you follow up with the urologist. If the pus cells and symptoms continue, it may be worth further evaluation perhaps including cystoscopy where the urologist looks into the bladder.

For more information:

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University