Braces

Grants for braces

06/16/2008

Question:

Is there any type of grants for children to get braces? My father was a veteran, my mom used to work for OSU before her death. I know there is a ton of grants out there but I`m not sure where to find them. I`ve already committed to the orthodontist for my daughter to get braces and I just found out I`m getting laid off on Friday. Our dental insurance does not cover Any orthodontic work for my daughter....Can anyone please help?

Answer:

Unfortunately, there are no grants that I am aware of. First, I would explain your situation with the orthodontist you say you have a relationship with and see if he has a plan that would help you (longer payout). Most dental insurance plans cover only a portion of an orthodontic fee. The American Dental Association has a program called "Give kids a smile" but it is directed toward those procedures that can be done in a day. The American Association of Orthodontists has recognized its members who have participated in this program so you might want to contact them through their website.

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry