Digestive Disorders

Weird Stomach Attack

06/16/2008

Question:

I`m an almost 17 year old male. For some time, I`ve had weird stomach attacks. They went away after awhile, but I still have them occasionally. It feels like I have to go to the bathroom, but when I start to go, it quickly turns into diarrhea. My colon and my lower back start to hurt. I have to keep pushing even when nothing comes out. The pain is great enough I get nauseous after a time. I stay like that, pushing when there`s nothing left, just to ease the pain a bit. Once it seems like it`s gone, I get up, flush, and try to get back to what I was doing, but it quickly returns. I go back to pushing with nothing coming out by the second or third time going back. My doctor doesn`t think it`s irritable bowel syndrome.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org