Spine and Back Health

Numbness

06/18/2008

Question:

I have been diagnosed with a herniated disc since 2004. I walk and feel better, but now I am starting to experience numbness in my three left and three right fingers along with numbness in my toes. I have never had this before. The only thing different that I did was workout on the Bean machine, which is like a bubble chair and requires you to stretch back and forth on the Bean. Do you think I may have moved something? Thank you.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

David J Hart, MD David J Hart, MD
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery