Digestive Disorders

Polycholesectomy after gallbladder surgery

07/29/2008

Question:

I have had chronic diarrea since 1991 (Post GB Surgey). Just recently I was diagnosed with UCTD. I have been on Colestid for 17 years for treatment of diarrhea. Could either the medication or this digestive tract issue contribute to my autoimmune disorder? I seem to be getting more and more issues - abscesses/eye inflammations. I am 61, in reasonably good health, and need answers. I am alone and want to be proactive. I cannot get a referral from a gastroenterologist (HMO) so I can have everything checked. I have no family history of any autoimmune disorder. If you are unable to find the answer, perhaps you can point me in a direction that I could get some questions answered before something major happens.

Thank you so much for you expeditious handling of this request and keep up the good work.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. Unfortunately we do not have an expert who answers questions in your area of inquiry. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature.

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org