Digestive Disorders

Pain in the side

07/07/2008

Question:

Hi! I have had IBS for the last twelve years and have had no luck with medicines. I also had rectal bleeding a few years ago and a barium enema exam showed nothing. This rarely happens and is slight. Now I have pain in my right upper and lower abdomen and my right side which sometimes extends into my back. It is constant and feels as though something is poking or scraping. An upper GI and ultrasound showed nothing. I also get recurrent pain in my right breast and the tail of the breast under the arm. I am 34 years old and my mother had colorectal cancer a few years back. No health insurance due to Von Willabrand`s diagnosis after my son was born 4 years ago. Can`t afford to keep guessing! Help!

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms.

The US Department of Health and Human Services Bureau of Primary Health Care has a directory that will help you find a clinic that will give you medical care, even if you have no medical insurance or money.  It was last updated in February 2008, so the information is current.  Simply use the pull-down menu to access services in your area.

Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need further explanation.

Bureau of Primary Health Care

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org