Digestive Disorders

Chronic Vomiting

07/07/2008

Question:

My 27 year-old husband has been chronically vomiting after every meal for 6 years now. After numerous doctor visits and tests such as, CT`s, Upper GI, Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Barium Test, Manomatry, the eat the radioactive egg test (sorry don`t know the name) and everything came back normal. He has GERD and a Hital Herna which they treat the GERD with Nexium and the herna they say it shouldn`t bother him. He has treatment with medicines for Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome and nothing has slowed it down. He also had his gallbladder taken out 2 1/2 months ago and no results from that either. If you think you could help I would love some input. They say his stomach functions normally, but how could it function "normal" if you vomit after every meal?

Answer:

I guess if he is not loosing weight, and if other tests are non-revealing, it looks like you have done everything. Maybe a psychological evaluation will be of benefit.

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

Hemangi  Kale, MD Hemangi Kale, MD
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Medicine