Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Dental and Oral Health (Seniors)

Bone erosion from long denture use



I have had dentures since I was in 9th grade and am now 64 years old. I had been told over 10 years ago that I may need reinforcement of my lower jaw due to bone erosion because of such lengthy use of dentures. Who would do this type of work and how do I find out more information? Thank you.


You need to see an oral surgeon or maxilla facial surgeon. You can look on the internet for bone grafting in the mandible, block graft technique. I am sure that the surgeon will give you more information.

For more information:

Go to the Dental and Oral Health (Seniors) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Alfredo  Hernandez, DDS, MS Alfredo Hernandez, DDS, MS
Assistant Professor of Comprehensive Care
School of Dental Medicine
Case Western Reserve University