Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Blocked Fallopian Tube



I had a HSG test on Wednesday, July 16th and it revealed that both my tubes are blocked. I had surgery 10 years ago to remove an ovarian cyst and I thought every thing was fine but now I am little disappointed. If I have the surgery to correct this problem will I still have fertility issues?


It depends upon the extent of tubal damage. If the ends of the tubes (the fimbria or fingers) are not severely damaged, it may be possible to salvage restore your fertility potential surgically. However, if the ends of your tubes are severely damaged and swollen, I would recommend removal followed by in vitro fertilization (IVF).

For more information:

Go to the Infertility health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Daniel B Williams, MD Daniel B Williams, MD
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati