Spine and Back Health

Softball injury, pain in left shoulder blade

07/29/2008

Question:

I am 29 and I play golf, softball, and basketball. I was playing softball and I was batting, missed a pitch, and my left arm swung very high in the air and around. It twisted with the bat in it of course. The next day my left shoulder blade was hurting. It was a 4 out of 10 for pain and my left arm and fingers were kind of numb. It has been 4 days now. The pain and numbness comes and goes and when I raise my left arm in air, I get a cramping sensation around my shoulder blade and maybe under it. What do you think it could be? Some folks say disc problems, other say I sprained or pulled something out of whack.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org